Stoke, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1840 and renovated by Colonel Floyd W. Harris in 1907. Col. Harris constructed the barns circa 1910 to facilitate a dairy operation and house his work horses. The dairy remained active for over 50 years and the barns did not receive a renovation until George Morison, grandson of Col. Harris, converted the dairy barn into a 14 stall horse barn in the 1970's. He leased the barns over the next 40 years to various equine entrepreneurs to help generate income for the preservation of his family's estate. In 2011, Dulany Morison, great-grandson of Col. Harris, took over the operation with his then wife to be, Eleanor, and began a much needed extensive renovation of the barns & grounds. Today Stoke Farm welcomes a diverse group of riders, drawn together by their demand for quality horse care, cutting edge amenities, community events, and their appreciation for the historic property.